Update: This job is permanent (not temporary). We've updated the below listing with the accurate information.
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: JIATFS - 019
JOB TITLE: Resources Management Technician
SERIES & GRADE: GG-0503-09
SALARY RANGE: $53,786 to 69,923/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: 11 May 2018 – 21 May 2018
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent Position
DUTY LOCATION: 1 vacancy in the following location: Key West, FL
WHO MAY APPLY: US Citizens
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret
SUPERVISORY STATUS: No
PCS IS NOT AUTHORIZED. RELOCATION/RECRUITMENT IS NOT AUTHORIZED.
Job Summary: Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the ST-APF-W453AA US SOUTHERN COMMAND, Joint Interagency Task Force (JIATF) South, Key West, FL.
Email documents to: email@example.com
WARNING: Application packages that contain Classified information WILL NOT receive consideration for this position. Should you submit a resume or any other document as part of your application package and it is confirmed that any of the information is Classified, in addition to being found ineligible for consideration for this position, your Security Office will be notified to determine if any further action is warranted.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for the attached JIATFS vacant position. You must identify which category or categories you meet, and provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories.
• Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
• Current Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (excluding Army)
• Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
• Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
• Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
• Former Permanent Federal Employee eligible to be reappointed
• Veteran with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
• Disabled Veteran with a service-connected disability of more than 10%/less than 30%
• Applicant eligible for 10-Point Other veteran's rating or Derived Veterans' Preference
• Veteran eligible for 5-Point Preference
• U.S. Citizen
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with Department of the Army (DA) policy Volume (AP-V) 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
Current Federal employees: You are required to submit acceptable documentation of your appointment eligibility, by submitting a copy of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action.
Veterans: You are required to submit acceptable proof of your preference or appointment eligibility. Acceptable documentation is a DD Form 214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," showing dates of service, as well as character of service (Honorable, General, etc.) and time lost (if any). The member 4 copy of your DD Form 214 is required as well as any documentation concerning a disability (SF-15 and Veterans Affairs Notification of Preference).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for JIATF South vacant positions. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All Department of the Army job applications require:
- A copy of your RESUME showing relevant experience. Your resume may be submitted in any format. Your resume must include your first and last name, current address, current email address, current phone number, job title, duties and accomplishments. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for the vacancy. You are encouraged to include your employer's name and address, and your supervisor's name and phone number, as selecting officials frequently check references before scheduling interviews. If you are a Federal Civil Service employment should include your job title, pay plan, series and grade level (e.g. Human Resource Specialist, GS-0201-09).
- Documentation which proves you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The "Proof of Eligibility" attachment describes eligibility categories and what document(s) are required as proof. You must meet the requirements of at least one eligibility category, specified in the "Who May Apply" section of the job opportunity announcement, to receive further consideration. In addition, some jobs also require:
- Copies of job-related Licenses or Certificates
This is a Career Program Position (CP) 11
Duties: Will provide a variety of support functions in the Resources and Assessment Directorate, serving as Customer Service Representative (CSR) for the Defense Civilian Pay System (DCPS) within the Command for the Joint Interagency Task Force (JIATF) South, Truman annex, Key West, FL. Will Implement and manage the day-to-day activities during system operations (e.g. personnel data download and review, business process analysis, Defense Travel System (DTS) training and Defense Accounting and Disbursing System (DADS) and Commercial Travel Office (CTO) connectivity). Coordinate development of traveler profiles, organizational data, reporting, budgetary, and document flow procedures in DTS. Serve as liaison for payroll functions between employees and the DFAS payroll offices, assisting in the resolution of all payroll problems. Serve as Agency Program Coordinator for the government travel card program.
Experience required: Applicant must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly related to the work of the position to be filled. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS/GG-7). Specialized experience is defined as experience with civilian and/or military personnel management; interagency regulations and administrative procedures. Experience in the organization, its mission, functions, and policies; as well as knowledge of Defense travel and updating and maintaining the DTS database as changes occur within the organization.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
• Joint Military and Interagency Regulations
• Knowledge of Defense Travel System
• Knowledge of Civilian Pay System
• Customer Service Representative
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. The incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
2. You will be required to provide proof of U.S Citizenship.
3. May be required to perform Temporary Duty (TDY) travel to worldwide locations 25% or less of the time.
4. THIS A FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT LEVEL 1 Certified position designated as such in accordance with the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, section 1051, amending 10 United States Code, section 1599d. Incumbent of this position is required to comply with all Department of Defense and Department of the Army requirements of this certification program. This certification requirement is a condition of employment for this position. Failure to obtain this certification within the required time may subject the incumbent to adverse action.
5. Recruitment/Relocation incentive is not authorized.
6. Two year trial may be required.
EEO Policy Statement
The United States Army does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of this application hiring process, please notify the Hosting HR Specialist for assistance. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.